Cooking in College
with Lauren Cole
Pan Seared Duck With String Beans & Wild Rice
|1 Duck Breast
|1 lb Green Beans
|1 to 2 Cups Wild Rice
|1 Cup Chicken Stock
Instructions for Searing Duck Breast
- Step 1: Take fresh, none-frozen duck breast out and let it sit for approximatley 15 minutes.
- Step 2: Score the fatty side of the duck, making criss-cross slices into the fat without slicing the meat itself.
- Step 3: Season both sides with salt & pepper.
- Step 4: Place duck breast skin side down on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Step 5: During that time, render the fat every 1 minute (meaning:take a spoon and scoop out the fat grease from the pan).
- Step 6: Flip & cook other side for 6 minutes, continue to take out fat grease from the pan.
- Step 7: Place fatty skin side up on cutting board.
- Step 8: Cover the duck with tin foil for 10 minutes and let it sit.
Instructions for Green Beans & Wild Rice
- Step 1: Rince green beans and cut off the stems if haven't already.
- Step 2: Place wild rice and the cup of chicken stock in medium saucepan and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Step 3: While Duck is rendering, saute green beans with garlic and onions(optional). Saute until desired crunchiness is met.
Duck in Pan